How to Become an Accredited Registrar?
A Registrar is the entity that is accredited by the .aeDA to act on behalf of registrants to register, transfer, renew or modify .ae and/or ".امارات" (dotEmarat) domain names in the Registry.
Registrars provide services to applicants to register and maintain domain names in the Registry System, provide registration information update services for registrants, and are entitled to charge Registrants for these services.
In order to be accredited as a Registrar, the .aeDA’s Accreditation requirements must be met, which include:
- Meeting the requirements as specified by the Registrar Agreement
- The payment of fees (Application and Licence)
- Providing services as per the Registrar Agreement
- Signing a Registrar Agreement
- Understanding and abiding by the .aeDA’s Policy and Code of Practice
- Ability to pass the technical and administrative requirements of the .aeDA
Accreditation for Registrars
Registrars who apply and meet the .aeDA’s requirements will go through the accreditation process. Registrars will sign a Registry Registrar Agreement with the .aeDA covering the technical ability to integrate with the Registry Systems, and their responsibilities as an Accredited Registrar to comply with the .aeDA’s policy. Only those Registrars who are accredited will be able to operate in the .ae name space.
Why Become an Accredited .ae Registrar?
There are two key reasons for becoming an Accredited Registrar:
- Registrars have direct access to the Registry database operated by the .aeDA
- Registrars can purchase .ae and/or ".امارات" (dotEmarat) domain names at the "wholesale" price offered by the .aeDA
The .aeDA is actively seeking interested parties to become accredited .ae Registrars.
For more information please contact the .aeDA:
Phone: (+971) 4 23 00018
Post: P.O. Box: 116688, Dubai, UAE