Disputes and complaints
The .aeDA has a Domain Name Eligibility Policy that defines the eligibility criteria for .ae domain names. The .aeDA has a defined Complaints Handling Policy, and a Dispute Resolution Policy. These are posted on the Policy Page. Domain names are registered on a first come first served basis.
Complaining about a domain name
If you come across an .ae or .امارات domain name that you think is unethical or irresponsible, you can complain about the name to .aeDA. The .aeDA considers complaints about domain names whose registration is inconsistent with .ae policies, UAE regulation and public order or decency.
Complaining about a content of a website
If you come across something on a website with a domain name ending with .ae or .امارات, which you're sure, is illegal or unlawful, to get the content removed, you need to follow the TRA Internet Guidelines.
Infringement of rights
If you think that an .ae or .امارات domain name infringes your rights, for example, your brand name or trading name, .aeDA has developed the UAE Domain Name Dispute Resolution System.
Cases are decided by impartial legal experts, who are specialists in this field. These proceedings will be conducted by the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center; otherwise you can open a case with any of UAE judicial Authorities. Often, though, disputes can be settled by mediation before the legal expert makes a ruling. To learn more about how the Dispute Resolution System works, check UAE Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy and Rules.
Complaining about a Registrar
When unhappy with the service provided by your Registrar, you have a number of options:
- Contact your Registrar first and try to solve the issue.
- Contact us if you and your registrar can't work things out.
- We can only help if the problem involves the registration or management of a domain name. We can't help with other things, such as website hosting or email services
- Switch to another registrar if you are still unhappy with the service.
- Before switching, consider your contractual position to avoid any penalties. Read more about Updating your registration.